Authentic Relating Games: Breaking Through Gender
February 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$10 – $40
“Is it a girl or boy??”
For most of us, our socialized mannerisms have been conditioned around our genital labels since we were in the womb. But what if we didn’t follow those conformities? It takes a lot of awareness to recognize all the ways being gendered shows up in our lives and in how others view us.
In this Authentic Relating Games Night, we’ll actively explore our conditioning based on our sex and inquire into:
• How are gender and sex different?
• What does it take to express ourselves based on our individual uniqueness of gender?
• What assumptions and projections about gender show up in different parts of our lives?
• What would it mean to authentically relate to ourselves and our own gender?
Come with an open mind and willingness to share, get curious and explore gender in our world and in ourselves.
Hosted by Grace Bryant and James Pesta
** WHAT ARE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES? **
AR (Authentic Relating) is about what is real. It’s about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It’s about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It’s about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
Relating Games are a collection of experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Game nights provide a lower-stakes venue to feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives every day.
Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other.
Seattle Tantra Center will be hosting monthly Authentic Relating Games nights. All are welcome to join.
– Address: 9414 Roosevelt Way
– Ample street parking and public transit options.
– Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 7pm. We lock the doors at 7:15.
– Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to support budding Seattle Tantra and Authentic Seattle communities. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Your assistance with set-up or clean up would be most appreciated in lieu of financial support.
– Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
– Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
– If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle or Seattle Tantra facilitators.
Note: Currently STC has limited ADA accessibility. Our practice and meeting space has no stairs and is wheelchair accessible. However, our bathroom currently does not fit a wheelchair. (We are hoping to remedy this in early 2019). We will do our best to accommodate the physical needs of all bodies. If you have questions or concerns about your accessibility in our space, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.